If you like the tangy flavours in your meat, then try this Achari Meat. Achar(Pickle) has a distinct flavour and this dish reproduces that. You don’t need a side dish of pickle with your Achari Lamb.
- Mutton(goat Meat) or Lamb Meat, boneless 800 gms.
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
- Onions 4 nos.
- Tomatoes 4 nos.
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
- Methi Dana or Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 tsp.
- Onion seeds (Kalonji) 1 tsp.
- Cloves 5 nos.
- Red chili powder 1 tsp.
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste.
- Whole red chili 8 nos.
- Coriander (chopped) 1/2 cup
- Mustard Oil 4 tbsps or use your preferred cooking oil.
- Salt as per taste ( around 1 tsp)
- Wash and cut the mutton into 1½” sized pieces. Peel and chop the onions. Chop the tomatoes.
- Roast the whole spices separately and grind together coarsely.
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan to smoking point, cool and again heat the oil and cook the onions till brown. Add the chopped ginger-garlic. Mix well. Add coarsely ground masala powder. Cook for half a minute, stirring all the time.
- Add mutton, cook on high heat till mutton pieces are well browned.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt and mix well. Cook till oil leaves the masala. Add sufficient quantity of water (about 2½ cups), bring it to a boil and cover. Cook till the mutton is fully done.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with Naan, Rice or Roti
Garnish it with some Ginger julien and some coriander leaves.
TIP: If you have any pickle at home, then you can take a tablespoon of the oil from the pickle and add it in while cooking, this will surely raise the achari flavours ( Pickle flavours) in your dish.