Make this yummy Barfi at home this festive season. When the season of Diwali there is a huge demand of sweets, try this out at home and impress everyone.
- Milk Powder 4 cups
- Evaporated Milk 1 Can ( or Condensed Milk )
- Cardamom Powder (Choti Ilaichi Powder)
- Sugar 2 Cups ( If you are using condensed milk which is already sweetened then you would need less sugar)
- Ghee 2 tablespoons ( or Oil)
- ½ cup of Water
- Take the milk powder and slowly add the evaporated milk (or condensed milk) a bit by bit.
- Make this mixture into a tight dough. Adjust the quantity of the dry milk powder and the condensed milk to achieve the right consistency.
- Leave this dough in the freezer for 15 minutes so that it become bit tight enough to grate.
- Grate it with a grater.
- Take a thick bottomed fry pan and heat the oil or Ghee. Heat should be low.
- Add the Grated mixture in this and add sugar to taste( remember if you are using sweetened condensed milk then you may need to add little or no sugar)
- Add some water.
- Sprinkle the Ilayichi Powder.
- Keep on cooking on low heat until the water evaporates and the mixture tends to get together in the center of the pan.
- Pour this mixture in a flat tray (smear some oil on the bottom of the tray first).
- You can sprinkle some Kewra or Rose water on the top before it sets.
- Once it sets up cut into small bite size pieces.
TIPS: You can add some cut Almonds and Pistachio nuts into the wet mixture while the mixture is still in the cooking pan.