Make this tasty and nutritious Lamb Keema Matar. Keema is a generic word for minced meat of any kind. It is an all time favourite with kids.
- 500 grams minced Lamb
- 1 cup peas
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes finely diced
- 6 cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 10 whole black peppers ( crush them lightly)
- 2 Black Cardamoms ( Kali (Black) Elaichi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds ( Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander(Dhania) Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt( as per your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Haldi(Turmeric) Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped Coriander leaves( for garnishing)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Take a heavy bottomed or non stick pan for cooking and put it on medium heat
- Add the oil and add the Bay leaves, cloves and Black Cardamom and Cumin Seeds
- Stir for a minute
- Add the garlic paste and stir
- Now add the diced onions.
- Add Haldi Powder.
- Add Red Chilli Powder.
- Add Garama Masala
- Add Black Peppers.
- Stir for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the mixture is well cooked and you can see some oil coming out of the mixture.
- Add Garam Masala as well now.
- Add the minced lamb and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add Ginger Paste.
- Add Salt.
- Now cover the pan, and let it cook for another 30 minutes or so. ( keep checking the pan and stir to ensure that the meat does not get stuck to the bottom).
- If needed add water.
- Once the meat is tender and has dried up you can add some water
- Add the peas.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some Garam Masala Powder.
- Add the lime juice
- Add some finely sliced Ginger Juliens
- Sprinkle green coriander leaves on top.
Serve it hot with Naan or Rice.
Note: You can also use some yoghurt in the cooking process, add yoghurt once the onion, tomato paste is fully cooked and stir well