Dhaba is a road side restaurant, which are famous for their quick and delicious food along the road sides, Dhabas are used by travellers and truckies en route.. Dhabas has some distinct flavours and are famous for their Daal.
- 200 gm split urad dal
- 75 gm channa dal
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp ghee/ oil
- 3 chopped onions
- 6 chopped green chillies
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tablespoon Garam Masala
- Soak lentils in water for 1 hour.
- Heat a litre of water.
- Add lentils, 1 tbsp ginger paste , 1 tbsp garlic paste and 1 tbsp Ghee.
- Cover and cook until soft.
- Mash the lentils against the side of the pan.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Add onions and fry until colored.
- Add the red chilli powder and stir.
- Add remaining ginger and garlic.
- Fry for two minutes.
- Stir in chopped green chillies and tomatoes
- Pour over lentils.
- Put it on slow heat and let it cook for 15 minutes (uncovered).
Serve it with Naan, Rice or Roti
Add some Butter while serving
TIP: To cook Dhaba style daal, the when you put Garam Masala, let it get overcooked ( burnt) slightly. This gives the usual Dhaba Style Flavour.