The famous Amrtisari Kulcha Recipe
- 3 Cups of Maida ( White Flour)
- Baking Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- A Pinch of Baking Soda
- Sugar: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1/2 Cup
- Dahi (Yogurt): 1/2 Cup
- Water: 3/4 Cup
- Mix Maida, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda.
- Pour some oil in this mixture.
- Add Dahi ( yoghurt) and kned the dough add water if necessary.
- The dought should not be very tight.
- Cover the dough with wet towel and leave it for 2 hours.
- The dough will swell up a bit by now due to the effect of Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
- Heat the Grill at high temperature.
- Make small balls of the dough and spread it in a tear shaped bread.
- Note that to make a good quality Kulcha try spreading it by hand by patting and pressing the dough firmly. Otherwise use the rolling pin.
- Once it is spread out, brush some oil on one side , put it in the grill .
- Once the Kulcha is almost coooked turn the heat to full to get some black burn marks.
TIP: Serve with Butter or Chole ( Chick Peas) and Pickle.
There is lots of variety of Kulcha
The Kulcha could be stuffed with boiled Potatoes, Cottage Cheese as well.