Mango Lassi – an ever popular drink at home and at restaurants
- Mango 1 ( peeled) or Mango pulp tin ( about 200 grams)
- Yoghurt 250 Grams
- Water 1/2 Litre
- Some Crushed Ice
- Kewra Water or Rose Water few drops for flavouring( see image )
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Take the mango and remove the flesh.
- Put it in a blender. I recommend a high speed blender so that it is completely pureed.
- Blend it to a smooth paste add some water if necessary.
- Add yoghurt in the blender
- Add the sugar.
- Add 1/2 litre of water.
- Blend it again for a minute.
- Add crushed Ice
Sprinkle some Kewra water or Rose Water on top just before serving.
Sprinkle some finely chopped Almonds on the top.
TIP: If you are not going to consume it immediately then there is no need to add the crushed ice, just let it chill in the fridge for 2 hours and it will taste yummy.
This is a hot selling item in Indian restaurants in the west. It is also available in the Indian grocery stores.
But nothing beats the fresh taste of Mango Lassi which you make at home.