Amrtisari SpicyÂ andÂ Grilled Paneer recipe
- 500 gms. Paneer ( Cottage cheese)
- 2 onions sliced into thin rings
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Ajwain seeds
- 3/4 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. tandoori masala ( or Tandoori Paste)
- 1/2 tsp. punjabi garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 anardana powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Cut paneer into small cubes.
- Make a thick mixture of flour, salt, ginger, garlic, turmeric, ajwain, garam masala, Red Chilli Powder & tandoori masala ( or paste)
- Add 1/2 tbsp. oil, mix well.
- If the mixture is still dry then add some water to get toothpaste like consistency.
- Use this mixture to marinate onions and the paneer cubes.
- Grill on a bar-b-que skewer or grill mesh till crisp and brown. You can also use the electrical grill cum sandwich maker.
- Heat remaining oil, add onions, saute till light brown.
- Add marinate paste, stir well and cook.
- When dry add grilled paneer, chilli, anardana powder, sugar, salt.
- Toss well. Garnish with coriander.
If you want you can dry out the gravy and serve it as starters like Paneer Tikka