A nice Rasmalai recipe.
- Paneer 500 grams
- Sugar 1 cup
- Choti Ilaychi ( Green Cardamom) Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced Green pistachios
- Rose Water or Kewra Water – few drops
- Evaporated Milk – 300 ml
- Full Fat milk – 200 ml
- First of all make the Chasni (Sugar Syrup) by putting 3 cups of water and 1/2 cup of sugar and bring it to boil and keep aside.
- Mash the Paneer by hand and knead it till very smooth. ( It is best to use the freshly home made paneer (chena) for this purpose.
- Make small balls of the dough and make walnut sized balls.
- Press these balls to flatten them .
- Now take the sugar syrup and put it on heat.
- Put the paneer balls and cook for 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Take a sauce pan and add the Evaporated Milk and Full Fat Milk and boil and add 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Let it simmer for few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Sprinkle the greeen cardamom powder.
- Pick up the paneer balls from the sugar syrup ( just discard the sugar syrup) and add it in this thickened milk.
- Leave this in the fridge to chill.
Serve chilled by sprinkling the rose water or kewra water and the sliced almonds and pistachios.