Paneer Bhurji is a quick recipes which can be done in 10 minutes flat but the taste is incredible. Have it with Roti or Naan.
- 200 grams Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – mashed by hand
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Tomato diced
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera(Cumin)
- 1 teaspoon Dania(Coriander) seed Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi(Turmeric)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Green Coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Take a non stick fry pan and add 4 tablespoons of oil and put it on medium heat.
- Add Garlic Paste
- Fry for few seconds till Garlic is done (it should not get browned)
- Now add chopped onion and fry for 5 minutes and stir constantly.
- Make sure that the onions have gone brown.
- Now Add the diced tomato
- Fry for 3 minutes and stir constantly.
- Add Turmeric powder and stir for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder and stir for a minute.
- Add green chillies and stir for a minute
- Add Ginger paste and stir for a minute
- Add the paneer which has been roughly crushed by hand.
- Stir for 5 minutes till the crused/mashed paneer has been completely mixed with other ingredients.
- Add the salt as per taste.
- Garnish it with some Ginger Julienne and some finely chopped coriander.
- Sprinkle some chat masala (optional)
You can also add peas in it while cooking
You can add some Shimla Mirch or Capsicum while cooking