Make this Tangy Lemon Squash or Nimbu Squash and keep it in the fridge to beat the summers.
- 250 grams lemons
- 250 grams Sugar
- 250 ml Water
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- Take the lemons and wash and cut them into halves.
- Squeeze and collect the juice from the lemons.
- Take the water and put it on heat in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and dissolve it by stirring.
- Bring it to boil and make a syrup.
- You may have to remove the scum from the top of the sugar.
- Let the syrup cool down.
- Now take a dry glass bottle and mix the syrup, lemon juice and add the vinegar in it.
- Shake the bottle a bit. ( Close the cap first )
- Store this bottle in the fridge. ( you can keep this for a week or so in the fridge)
- When serving mix three fourths glass of water with one fourth glass of syrup and add ice cubes.
- You can garnish it with fresh mint leaves.
- You can also add some table salt if needed
- Another variation would be to add a pinch of black salt.
If you want you can use soda water or Tonic Water instead of water. It will be a really refreshing drink and fizzy as well.