Elaichi Wala Doodh Milk with Green Cardamom
- 3 tbsp. of White Poppy Seeds (dry roasted in a pan) Also known as Khaskhas
- 20 almonds( blanced )
- Whole Milk 3 cups
- 4 Cardamoms (Hari Elaichi)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Half cup of Water
- Take a small fry pan put it on lowest heat and dry roast the poppy seeds for a minute or so. Do not allow them to burn.
- Now take the roasted poppy seeds and almonds and make a fine paste in a blender. Use some water to make a past. ( I recommend a high speed blender to make a smooth paste)
- Add 2 cups of milk in blender and blend it further for 30 seconds or so.
- Take this milk out and strain it into a sauce pan.
- Add the remaining milk in it as well.
- Add the cardamom seeds.
- Let the milk to come to a boil on a medium heat, stir it well as it may stick to the pan.
- Once it has boiled simmer on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Remove the cardamoms from milk using a strainer or strain it out while serving.
- Serve hot with sugar as desired.