Masala Beans (Beans Masala) Subzi – Green Beans are are a good way to keep the sugar levels stable.
- French Beans – diced 1 Cup
- Garlic Paste 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder 1 teaspoon
- Grated Coconut 2 tablespoon(Normally Coconut is not used in punjabi cooking)
- Mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder(Haldi) 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 Diced Tomato
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as per taste
- Lime Juice 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Take a non stick pan and add oil and put it on heat.
- Add Mustard Seeds and stir till they start crackling.
- Add the Garlic Paste and stir.
- Add the Red Chilli Powder and Stir.
- Add the diced beans and stir.
- Add Turmeric Powder
- Cook the beans until they are cooked completely (do not cover )
- Add the diced tomotoes and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the Garam Masala.
- Add the salt.
- Add the Lime Juice (you can also use vinegar) and stir.
- Add the grated coconut and stir and quickly take it off the heat.( It is optional as traditionally Punjabi Cooking does not use Cocunut in cooking( except some desserts like Halwa or other sweets)
Serve as a side dish with Rice , Naan or Roti.