Paneer Tikka. Used as starters in dinner or lunch.
- 100 grams paneer (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger paste
- Green chilli paste from 2 green chilies
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera(Cumin powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 capsicum, cut into 1 inch square pieces
- Few drops of orange Food color( or Tandoor Paste or Tandoor Powder)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon Yoghurt (Dahi)
Note that instead of making individual pastes for Ginger, Garlic, Chilli we will do it together in one go.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add the Garlic and Ginger, Jeera powder, cut Green Chillies, chilli powder, lime juice and Dahi.
- Put it in the wet grinder and make a fine paste.
- Add the salt to taste.
- Add some drops of the orange colour (or Tandoor Paste or Tandoor Powder). – you can skip this if you do not have these ingredients. They are only to provide colour.
- Take the Paneer pieces and smear this paste on all sides.
- Leave the paneer for about an hour so that the mixture can dry up a bit.(Leaving overnight is a good idea as it infuses more flavour in Paneer)
- Put this paneer in a greased dish and grill for about 10 minutes till it is dry and crisp.
- Now take a fry pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in it.
- Put some diced onion cubes and capsicum pieces and shallow fry them.
- Add some marinade paste which you prepared and stir the onions and capsicum for 2 minutes
- Sprinkle some salt and stir for few seconds.
- Take a plate and put all the cooked paneer pieces and add the cooked capscicum and onions on top.
Sprinkle some chat masala and lime juice on top.