Alloo Gobhi Masala recipe
- 450g /1lb potatoes,cut into medium chunks.
- Oil 3 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 450g/1lb cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp Jeera (cumin) powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2tsp salt.
- Finely chopped fresh coriander ( 1/2 cup) for garnishing
- Ginger Julienne strips 1 tablespoon
- Take some oil in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and heat.
- Add the potatoes cubes and shallow fry till done.
- Now heat oil in the same suace pan.
- Ad the jeera (Cumin) seeds and fry till they start crackling.
- Add the red chilli powder and stir for a minute.
- Add the turmeric powder and stir for a minute.
- Add the Gobi pieces (cauliflower florets) and fry .
- Stir lightly.
- Add the garam masala.
- Add Coriander powder
- Add cumin ( Jeera) powder
- Stir for few minutes, lightly, rapid stirring will break the cauliflower florets.
- Add the already fried potatoes cubes.
- Add the salt.
- Cook for another 5 minutes with minimal stirring.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
- Put the ginger julienne on top.
You can also deep Fry Gobhi pieces and Potato pieces first and then add it in the dish ( step 7) . If you are adding the already fried pieces of Gobhi and Potato then there is no need to cook it much. Just add the spices as explained and omit step 15.