Shimla Mirch And Paneer (Capsicum with Cottage Cheese)
- 1 small Red Capsicum and 1 small GreenCapsicum (Shimla Mirch) cut in medium size chunks
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 100 grams Paneer ( Cottage Cheese – you can see its recipe on this site as well)
- 1 Medium sized Onion Chopped in big dices
- 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 20 pieces of thin julienes of Ginger ( for garnishing)
- 1 tea spoon Garam Masala
- 1 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder or Red Chilli sauce
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1/2 bunch of Coriander Chopped
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce (optional)
- Salt to Taste
- Water 1/2 cup
- 4 Table Spoon Oil
- Heat Oil in a thick bottomed pan and sprinkle the red chilly powder when the oil is hot and then saute the onions in it.
- Add Tumeric and garlic paste and stir for a minute.
- Add the capsicum pieces in the pan and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomato and stir for around 3 -4 minutes.
- Add the Paneer cubes now.
- Add the salt and soya sauce.
- Add the green chillies.
- Sprinkle some garam masala.
- Stir for a minute
- Garnish with chopped coriander and the ginger julienne.
- Serve it with Naan, Rice or Roti
1. If you wish you can deep fry or shallow fry the Paneer cubes separately first and then add them.