Badam(Almond)Â Ka Sharbat
- Â½ cup of Almonds (Badaam)
- Â½ tsp. of Ginger (Adrak) (chopped)
- 5 Small Cardamoms (Choti Ilaichi) (crushed)
- Â½ cup of Sugar
- 2 cups of Water
- Soak the Almonds in water for atleast 4 hours. ( You can use warm water as it will help to remove the skin easily)
- Blanch the almonds.
- Use a high speed blender, add 1/2 cup of water and add the almonds and ginger and grind it to a fine paste (obtain a ketchup like consistency).
- Add the water, cardamoms, and sugar to the paste. Blend again.
- Put this mixture in a sauce pan over low heat, stir it constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and strain it.
- Serve it chilled.
TIPS: Use some rosewater or kewra water drops on the top for flavour.