You have always bought the chat masala from the shops, we often think that this is something which can not be made at home. There are big and small brands selling the chat masala. Trust your own cooking and make it at home and you know that you have used the best ingredients for the health of your family.
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala Namak (Black Rock Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 1/2 stick Dalchini (Cinnamon) Stick
- 2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 teaspoon Dhania(Coriander) Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Amchur ( you can substitute it with 1/2 teaspoon of Tartaric Acid ( Tatree)
- 10 seeds of Kali Mirch Black Pepper)
- 4 Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry Ginger Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Heeng (Asafoetida)
- First of take a pan an put it on low heat
- Dry fry the JeeraÂ on it until you start getting the flavour
- Similarly dry fry the Coriander Seeds.
- Now take a blender /Spice Grinder and add the ingredients
- Blend it well to make a fine powder
- Spread it on a plate for about half and hour. ( so that it gets cooled and any moisure gets evaporated)
- Store it in an airtight jar.
The taste will be great and will be packed with more flavour than the ready made one.
Sprinkle on cut fruit, potato chips, pakoda.