Khoya or Mawa is the same thing. Used as the basic ingredient in many sweets. Gajar Halwa would not be complete without a sprinkle of it. There is absolutely no need to buy it from shops. Just make it fresh at home and you are assured that you have used the best ingredients which you can get. This is not a sweet but an important ingredient to make Barfi and otherÂ Indian sweets.
- Evaporated Milk 1 Tin (Nestle Coronation or any such ) – Evaporated milk is different from condensed milk as condensed milk has sugar added in it.
- Milk Powder 2 cups
- Take a mixing bowl and put the milk powder in it.
- Now add the Evaporated milk in it slowly.
- Knead it into a dough (the dough should be really hard)
- Now make a ball of this dough and put it in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes or so, take this ball out of the freezer.
- Now grate it using a coarse grater and use it as you want it.
Your Khoya/Mawa is ready. This can be used to make Burfi, Malai Pedas or Gajar Ka Halwa.