Dal Fry is usually sold in Dhabas.
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1/4 cup yellow moong dal (Whole green gram )
- 1/8 cup masoor dal (red gram )
- 1/8 cup channa dal (chickpeas )
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 3/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- salt to taste
- 3-4 hot green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2/3 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2/3 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 thickly chopped onion
- Mix and wash thoroughly all Dals (lentils). Soak for 15 minutes. Cook slowly in medium heat until half done.
- Heat Â½ of ghee and fry onions. Add all of the spices until onions are fried until light golden brown.
- Add the onion and mixture to Dals (lentils) and cook until done.
- Heat remaining ghee in a small saucepan on a high. Pour fried garnish to Dal.
- Finish it by adding chopped coriander.
Serve it with Naan, Rice or Roti