Iron Rich Spicy Chutney or Dip
- Spinach (Fresh or Frozen) 1 cup
- Mint (chopped ) 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Coriander 1/2 Cup
- Yoghurt 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice 2 Tablespoons
- Chaat Masala 1 teaspoon (If you don’t have Chaat Masala then use Red Chilli 1/2 Teaspoon)
- Salt as per taste
- Microwave the spinach for 5 minutes.
- Let the Spinach cool down.
- Now put this in a blender.
- Add the Fresh Coriander.
- Add the Mint.
- Add the yoghurt.
- Add the Lemon Juice.
- Add the Chaat Masala ( or the Red Chilli powder and salt)
- Blend it well to make a smooth paste.
This chutney has Spinach which is Iron Rich and also the Lemon Juice which has vitamin C therefore the Iron gets absorbed easily in your body.
This Chutney can be kept in fridge for a week. It has Yoghurt in it so you can’t leave it much longer.
If you wish you can add some Ginger / Garlic as well in this Chutney.
If you want to store it longer in the fridge then avoid the Yoghurt. Just add some water .
Can be used with lunch or dinner as well for snacks like Pakora and Samosas.
Doctors always recommend that if you are taking Iron Tablets then you must take it with juice or something which is rich in Vitamin C.
Therefore this chutney is a natural way of getting the iron and getting it absorbed in your body the easy and the tasty way.