Keema Nan -Naan stuffed with Lamb Mince
- 1.5lb Bread Flour
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 3 oz Butter
- 1 Table spoon Caster Sugar
- 1 sachet Easy-Blend Dried Yeast
- 0.5 Small chopped onion
- 100 ml Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 oz Minced Lamb
- 0.5 tsp Ground Cumin
- 0.5 oz Ghee or Butter
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- Mix flour and salt; rub in the butter.
- Take a small glass bowl ( do not use stainless steel or any metal utensil) , Stir in sugar ,salt and yeast put two tablesppons of warm water and let it settle for 10 minutes.
- Now put the flour in a kneading pan , make a well in the centre and pour in yoghurt and add the mixture of yeast and water which you prepared in step 2 above.
- Knead the dough.
- Once done cover it with damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm palce for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the mince for 5 minutes. Add the onion,ginger paste and cook until softened.
- Stir in the cumin, Garam Masala and a pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now take the dough, it should have swelled up by now. Knock it back to remove the air.
- Divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Spread the dough ball into a flat surface, put three or four table spoons of the lamb mixture and roll the dough into a ball again.
- Now carefully pat the flour ball into a tear shape by patting by fingers. ( You can also use the rolling pin to spread it out, I prefer to pat it by hands as it gives a better effect)
- If the flour mixture gets sticky and sticks to the surface you can spread some dry flour on the surface first.
- Once the tear shaped Naan is properly spread and rolled out. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Optional : You can also smear some garlic paste on the top of the Naan.
- Turn the Grill to full. The secret of Tandoori recipes is that Tandoor is extremely hot, so that the Naan is suddenly exposed to high temperature.
- Put the Naan in a greased tray, Keep the tray as near as possible the heating elements or the flame.
- Once you see the slightly burnt marks appearing on the Naan change its side.
- Once the other side is done take it out.
- Remove from the grill, then brush with melted ghee.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the rest.
Serve warm with Raita or plain yoghurt and pickle.