Shahi Tukrey or Shahi Bread – A quick but tasty snack /dessert for the sweet tooth.
- 6 slices of white bread,
- 4-6 tbs sugar
- Green Pistachios cut ( 20 nos)
- Almond cut 20 Nos
- Khoya ( Mawa ) 2 tablespoons
- ( If Khoya is not available then just use condensed milk)
- Kevra Essence (optional)
- Dry Cardamom Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying the bread
- Milk 1 litre
- Saffron ( few threads)
- Cut each bread slice into four pieces.
- Deep fry the bread pieces till golden brown and allow to drain on some tissue papers.
- Take the warm milk and dissolve the saffron strands in it .
- Now take a sauce pan and put it on medium heat.
- Add all the milk in it and add the condensed milk or khoya.
- Add the Green cardamom powder.
- Add the dissolved saffron ( which you made in step 3)
- Let the milk come to a boil and reduce the heat and let the milk thicken a bit.
- After that add the fried bread pieces.
- Do not turn the bread pieces too much otherwise the will dissove in milk.
- Let the bread pieces soak the milk .
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the kewra essence.
- Garnish it with the cut pistachios and almonds.