Maki and Methi Ki Roti – An all time favourite Breakfast bread with Youghurt and Butter. This is the famous Punjabi Roti which is quite popular in Punjab and North India. Highly nutritious and Glutten Free.
- 2 Cups Corn Meal ( Maki Ka Atta ) Don’t confuse it with cornflour.
- Water 1 cup
- Oil or Butter 1 table spoon
- Chopped Methi leaves 2 Table Spoons ( or use 2 table spoons of Dry Kasoori Methi leaves)
This could be a challenge to novice to prepare it but practice makes a person perfect cook !
- Heat the water to boiling.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the Maki ka Atta and make a well in the center and add the SALT in it.
- Add the boiling water in it.
- Mix the dough with a wooden mixing spoon.
- Also add the Methi leaves in it
- Once it cools down knead it with hands.
- Now rolling this into Roti is a challenge as you can not use dry flour for dusting so it will tend to stick to the surface.
- Make a ball of the dough and try rolling it with a pin to give it a circular shape and then expand it b patting it by hands.
- The thickness of the roti should be like a Pan Fried Pizza Base.
- The Size should be about 6 inches in diameter.
- Put in to a heated Tava or a fry pan and cook.
- Turn sides when golden brown.
Serve the Maki Ki Roti with Dahi ( Yoghurt) and some ginger pickle.