Lacha Paratha is whole wheat layered flat bread. Lacha Paratha is a treat with any meal and can be served with any gravy base dish.
- Atta (Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Salt a pinch
- Water 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Ghee ( melted)
- Make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta) by adding 1tbsp oil & salt and some water as needed.
- Leave the dough for 30 minutes by covering it with a moist muslin cloth.
- Take a Ping-Pong ball size lump of dough.
- Roll it into a circle of appox. 5 to 6 ” diameter with the rolling pin. ( Use dry flour to avoid sticking to the surface).
- Now smear the melted ghee properly over entire surface.
- Using a knife make a 2″ cut lengthways and fold it inwards .
- Spread Oil on every fold. Now press it lightly towards the center to show the layers clearly and roll like a paratha.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa (flat griddle plate).
- Turn it and pour half tablespoon oil or butter. Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till golden brown.
Enjoy it with yoghurt or any vegetable or meat dish.