Besan Parantha or Besani Parantha – contains Besam pr Gram flour which is high in protein. It is a great alrounder. Enjoy it with bit of butter and Lassi.
- Besan ( Gram Flour) 1/2 Cup
- Atta ( Wholemeal Flour) 1/2 Cup
- Hing (Asafoetida) 1 pinch
- Red Chilli Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Jeera ( Cumin Seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander – finely chopped
- Cooking Oil 4 tablespoons
- Finely chopped Onion – 1 Medium sized.
- Mix the Besan and Atta together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida, Cumin Seeds, Coriander and the Chopped Onion in it.
- Make a dough using little warm water.
- You can add about 1 Tablespoon of oil in the dough in a square shape ( roughly)
- Once it is rolled spread some oil on it.
- Fold all the sides and you would end up with a folded square in your hand.
- Roll this small square again into a bigger square.
- Put this paratha onto a heated Tava or Pan.
- Once one side is cooked change its side and brush some oil on the already cooked surface.
- Once the other side is cooked change the side again and brush the oil on the second side as well.
- Let it cook further and change sides ( The idea is that once you apply the oil to a side, it must be cooked again to give you the crispiness.)
Enjoy it with a some butter and Yoghurt(Dahi) and the best drink with this will be a tall glass of lassi.