This is a Rasmalai recipe which can be made quite fast. Please note that this recipes uses Egg. There are other Rasmalai recipe which do not use Egg
- Powder Milk 1 cup
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 litre Milk
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Green Pistachio(Pista) chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of Rose Water or Kewra Water (for falvour) – Optional
- 1 pinch Green Cardamom Powder
- Take a Mixing Bowl and add the powdered milk, egg, oil,baking powder.
- Mix well to make a dough.
- Once the dough is done mold it into small balls and then flatten the balls slightly.
- Boil the milk with sugar and cardamom powder.
- As soon as the milk starts boiling add the balls in it.
- The balls will tend to swell up, Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook the milk with the balls for another 8- 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool
- Put it in the fridge.
Just before serving add some pistachios and sprinkle some rose water or Kewra water for a nice flavour.
It is always served chilled.
You would be surprised how authentic it tastes. However if you do not eat egg then try this recipe which does not use eggs.