This is the simple variety of Saffron rice or Yellow Rice, which you can cook on a daily basis. We have used minimum of ingredients in this version. We have used Haldi(Turmeric) to colour the rice. This has two advantages, you get the yellow coloured rice which looks great on a dish. HaldiÂ has well known anti-inflammatory properties. According to leading doctors the low level of inflammation in our cells is the main cause of ingredient. so have this rice on a daily basis and be young !
- 2 Cups of Basmati rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon Haldi or Turmeric Powder
- 2 Saffron Strands
- Salt ( if needed)
This is the simplest of all recipes for Saffron Rice which you can make on daily basis, we have avoided any salt or oil in this.
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
- Take a saucepan for cooking rice or use your rice cooker
- Add the rice
- Add the water
- Add Haldi
- Add the Saffron Strands.
- Cook the rice while covered for 5 minutes . Open once and stir the rice very lightly.
- Cover and reduce the flame to min.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and water has evaporated.
- Leave it covered for 10 minutes.
Serve with your favouriteÂ dish
Tip: If needed you can also add some veges in the water.