With the festive season on its way, make this delicious Sooji(Semolina) Halwa. All you need is Semolina, Sugar, Ghee and Water and you are on you way to have this delicious and filling dessert.
- 1/2 cup Sooji (Semolina)
- Ghee(Pure Ghee /Desi Ghee) 1/2 cup.
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Sultanas(Kishmish) 1 tea spoon
- Almonds – chopped
- Water 4 cups
- Take a non stick pan and put it on medium low heat.
- Add Sooji and start stirring ( We prefer to add Sooji first as it will dry it out and gets separated. (This way you can get away using less Ghee)
- Now Add Ghee (keep some Ghee ( around a tablespoon away)
- Start Stirring, the Sooji and Ghee will get mixed.
- If the mixture looks too dry then you can add the remaining Ghee as well, otherwise there is no need to add additional ghee.
- Keep on stirring, soon you would get nice aroma coming from the mixture.
- The mixture will turn slightly brownish.
- Now boil the water (you can boil it in the kettle or microwave as well)
- Mix the Sugar in it completely.
- Now add this water and sugar syrup in the pan and stir rapidly.
- The Sooji mixture will start getting thickened as the water absorbs. Be careful not to scald yourself as the mixture starts bubbling.
- Keep on stirring rapidly for a minute or so.
- Take it off the heat.
- Add Kishmish and Almonds
Tip: You can also add some Green Elaichi Powder and some cut coconut( or grated coconut)