Yellow Moong Dal Halwa or Yellow Mung Dal Halwa. A high proteinÂ and nutritious Halwa for the sweet tooth. Moong Dal is a very nutritious dal.
- 1 cup Yellow Moong dal ( Soak it in water and leave overnight.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbspoons Ghee
- 200 ml milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 tblspn Chopped Cashews
- 1 tblspn Chopped Almond
- 1 tblspn Chopped Green Pistachios
- Take the Moon Dal and grind it into fine paste. (if needed add a little bit of water to facilitate the grinding)
- Take a thick bottomed pan and heat the ghee.
- Add the Moong Dal paste into the pan.
- Fry well till the water has dried up and the color of the dal changes.
- Add milk and sugar.
- Keep Stirring, until it thickens up.
- Remove from heat and add all the nuts.
- Add the Cardamom powder and Nutmeg Powder as well.
PS: If you like you can take some saffron strands and dissolve them in the milk. Note that the saffron strands dissolve well in warm milk.