- Potatoes 4 medium sized
- Desi Ghee 80 grams or you can use cooking oil as well.
- Sugar 80 grams
- Chopped Green Pistachio 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Almonds 1 tablespoon
- Chopped raw Cashews 1 tablespoon ( do not use salter or roaste cashews)
- Kishmish or Sultanas 1 tablespoon
- Green Cardamom Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan or Microwave them for 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes cool down, mash or grate them.
- Take heavy bottomed pan and put it on medium heat.
- Add the Ghee or cooking oil.
- Add the Grated potatoes mixture.
- Stir and cook this till the Ghee starts separating from the potato mixture.
- Add sugar and stir continuously.
- Add the Green Cardamom Powder and stir for a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the halwa to a serving dish.
- Garnish it with dry fruits.
Serve the hot halwa with tea (chai )