Ajwain cookies – Jeera Biscuits has the little sweet and salty taste which is very refreshing with a cup of tea as an afternoon snack.
- It will yield 10 to 12 biscuits
- 2 cup Maida ( Plain refined flour) do not use the self raising flour
125 gram butter(melted) use unsalted or homemade butter
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/4 milk cup milk
Ajwain – 1/2 teaspoon
Jeera 1/2 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
- Take a mixing bowl
- Add Maida
- Add Jeera
- Add Ajwain
- Add Salt
- Add Sugar
- Add the melted butter
- start kneading the dough
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk (ensure that the dough should be very firm)
- Knead well to make a firm dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 20 minutes
- Dust the surface with some Maida
- Roll the dough with the help of rolling pin
- The thickness of the spread out dough should be that of a cookie ( around 1/4th inch)
- Use a cooking cutter to cut the biscuit shapes.
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet and put the cookies on it.
- Preheat the over to 180 degree centigrade
- Put the baking tray in the middle section of the oven
- After 12 minutes check the cookies, they should be golden brown
- Once cooled down you can put it in a air tight jar.
Enjoy it with a cup of tea.
Tip: You can also add some chopped green pistachios in the dough. It will give great taste and colour