I remember going to my local bakery with a tin full of Atta, Sugar and Butter and they bake the biscuits for a small charge. I used to come back with a big tin full of freshly baked biscuits after one hour. Now that does not happen any more you can either buy them from the shops or you can try making them at home. Here is a simple recipe – It is Eggless and does not need any baking soda or baking powder as well.
- Atta 1.25 cups
- 2 tablespoons bran
- Maida 1/3 cup
- Unsalted Butter 110 grams Cold (cut into small cubes). You can use homemade butter as well.
- Cold Milk 1.5 cups
- Icing Sugar 1/2 cup (use the normal sugar if you haven’t got the icing sugar in your pantry)
- Take a mixing bowl
- Add the Atta
- Add the Bran
- Add the Maida
- Add the butter now and using the hand rub and mix the ingredients.
- Once all the butter is mixed with the flour you would end up with a sand like or bread crumb like texture.
- Add the icing sugar and mix well.
- You need to have a very firm dough, so add a little bit of milk and start kneading
- Keep this dough for 10 minutes to rest.
- Dust the rolling surface with some Maida
- Now roll the dough to about a biscuit like thickness.
- Using cooky cutter cut the desired shapes from the dough.
- Now take a baking tray and put the butter paper or the oven proof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Centrigrade or 356 Farenheight
- Put the baking tray in the middle shelf.
- Cook for about 12-15 minutes and check in between to see that they should not get burnt.
- Take out the tray and put it on a cooling rack.
- After 5 minutes you can take out the biscuits.
This is an Egg-less recipe and does not any Baking soda or Baking Powder
Tip: You can sprinkle some sugar on top of the biscuits before baking ( in step 13)