- 250 gms maida (flour)
- 500 grams khoya
- 3 tbsps raisins
- 100 gms almonds (slivered -cut into thin strips)
- 100 ml water.
- 250 gms sugar.
- Oil for Deep Frying.
- Add maida to a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Knead well with fingers so that the mixture has a texture of breadcrumbs.
- Now add some water and knead lightly.
- Keep adding water as required and knead into a soft dough.
- Set aside and cover with a damp cloth.
- Now take a fry pan and add the khoya .
- Fry Khoya to a light brown colour.
- Add sugar into the khoya and mix well.
- Add almonds and raisins.
- Remove from heat and let it cools.
- Now for making the Gujia – Roll out the dough into a small circle (thicker and smaller than a normal chapati. )
- Fill half the circle with the khoya mixture, fold the circle and seal all round, twisting the edges inwards.
- Take care that the filling does not ooze out.
- Deep fry these gujjias, a few at a time, till they are a deep golden brown on a slow heat.
- When done take them out on some paper towels to soak excess oil.
- When they have completely cooled down you can fill them in a air tight container.