Ingredients for the dough
- 2 teacups plain flour (maida)
- 2 teaspoons hot oil ( microwave for 10 secs)
- ½ tablespoon nigella seeds(kalonji)
- 2 pinchs of Salt
Ingredients for the masala poweder for the stuffing
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds ( Dry fry them on a dry hot pan)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds ( Dry fry them on a dry hot pan)
- 1 teaspoon aniseed (saunf)
- 8 black peppercorns ( Kali Mirch)
- 4 large red chillies
Ingredients for the actual stuffing
- ¾ Tea cups of Black Gram ( Urad Dal)
- 2 tablespoons of Oil
- Salt to taste
For Deep Frying
- Oil or Ghee
Preparing the dough
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups of Maida ( Plain Flour)
- Add 2 teaspoons of hot oil ( microwave for 10 sec)
- Add the Nigella Seeds.
- Add 2 pinches of Salt.
- Add some water and knead it into a stiff dough.
- Leave this dough aside for settling for 20 minutes.
Preparing the Masala
Take the dry roasted Coriander seeds, Dry Roasted Cumin Seeds, Saung, Peppercorns, red chillies and grind them into a fine powder.
How to make the stuffing.
- Soak the Urad Dal in water for 4 hours.
- Drain the water once done.
- Grind this Urad Dal in a coarse paste in a grinder , use little bit of water as needed.
- Take this lump of Urad Dal paste and fry it in the oil.
- Take out of the frying pan.
- Let it cool
- Add the Masala Powder prepared above and add the salt as well.
- Mix well.
- Now take the dough and make small balls.
- Roll the balls into a roud shape using a pin and roller.
- Put some stuffing in the middle.
- Fold the edges to cover the stuffing completely and roll out again into small pooris.
- Deep fry the poories in hot oil.
Serve with yoghurt or any vegetarian dish.